here's what I got up to last week.
🔥 Highlights from last week
- I launched What to Tweet and was blown away by the response. It was at the #1 spot on Product Hunt almost all day long and only near the end of it was pushed to the second spot. As of today, 825 people upvoted it which is absolutely incredible for such a simple tool.
- Researchers from the department of sociology at Harvard reached out to me and are now using my Newsletter Spy data. Even cooler: my favorite blogger bought access.
- My tweet on "how I grew from 0 to 1400 followers in 4 months" went viral (at least for my modest standards)
💔 Lowlights from this week
- So far, I never had any problems but this week three people didn't show up for calls we'd scheduled.
☑️ Completed last week
- Recorded podcast episodes with Jon Hainstock, Andrew Kamphey and Aswin John.
- Scheduled 5 new calls for my podcast.
- I remade the Bootstrap.mba website using Notion as the backend.
- I wrote some machine-learning code to categorize newsletters. To train it, I used data provided by Substack. Since they only categorized 5000 newsletters so far, I used my code to label the rest of them. (h/t @gtardini for the idea)
- I edited and uploaded two new podcast episodes.
- I wrote a blog post on the stack behind https://whattotweet.com
- I achieved inbox zero for the first time in weeks.
📚 Resources I enjoyed last week
- I'm currently reading Optionality by Richard Meadows and it's absolutely fantastic. I'll write more once I've finished it I can already say now that it's by far the best book I've read this year. It's really the life manual I wish I had when I was sixteen and even though I know many of the concepts he talks about, I learned so much from it.
PS: The new style of the newsletter was inspired by LesleySign up below to receive short updates on my progress.